… for Visual Effects
Tip #1738: Boris FX Releases Continuum 2021.5
This free upgrade significantly expands creative options.
Boris FX released Continuum 2021.5. The new release delivers more 3D power to Particle Illusion, brand new cinematic effects & presets, and time-saving workflows.
Plugin host support includes Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, and OFX hosts Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, Foundry Nuke, and VEGAS Pro. (FCP X and Motion coming soon)
This is a free update to customers on a current subscription or a valid upgrade & support plan.
New in Particle Illusion:
- Node View: Select any particle node in the tree and corresponding parameters instantly display in the control panel
- 3D Emitter Shapes, Forces, Deflectors, and Emission: From flat 2D to true 3D
- Deep Integration with After Effects: Emitters can trace AE native live text and mask layers and emitters can attach to host native lights and 3D layers
- Emitter Presets: Stunning drag and drop presets added to the included Emitter Library
New in Cinematographer Toolkit:
- 9 GPU-accelerated, HDR-compliant cinematic effects: BCC+Multi-Star, BCC+Vignette, BCC+FilmGrunge, BCC+TwoStrip, BCC+Flashing, BCC+Composite, BCC+F-Stop, BCC+Fluorescent, and BCC+Haze
- 200+ drag and drop presets designed by the pros
- Avid infrastructure controls added to all BCC+ filters: Apply to Title Matte Option, Safe Levels Option, and True Bypass Switch
Learn more here.