… for Visual Effects
Tip #391: Simulate Poor Streaming Connections
Glitches make pristine video look, ah, less so…
This is an excerpt from a recent YouTube video posted by Red Giant. This features an effect called: Glitch, which is part of Red Giant Universe. This plug-in runs on all major NLEs.
- Search “RG Universe Stylize” in the effects panel/browser
- Apply the “uni.glitch” effect onto the desired clip in the timeline
- In the effects panel or Inspector, in the uni.glitch effect, click “select preset” to browse a variety of preset glitch effects, both for video and text
- If you’d like the effect to begin at a certain point, turn the “glitch frequency” to 0, turn on keyframe recording, and then move to the desired beginning glitch point, and type 100 for glitch frequency.
- The same can be done with the compression, small glitch, and large glitch parameters in the effects panel
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!