… for Apple Motion
Tip #1175: Apple Updates Motion to v5.5
Apple updates Motion to support Big Sur and the switch to Apple silicon.
Last week, Apple updated Motion to version 5.5 to support macOS Big Sur, along with the upcoming switch to Apple silicon.
Even more, the app got a spiffy new icon! (See screen shot.) In addition to support for Apple silicon, the Motion 5.5 update includes:
- Export HLG high-dynamic-range projects with Dolby Vision 8.4 metadata for optimized playback on Apple devices.
- Improves stability when clicking in an empty canvas on on a Mac Pro with two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo GPUs and a Blackmagic eGPU Pro.
- Improves stability when manipulating groups of keyframes selected across multiple parameters.
- Improves stability using the Stroke filter when selecting a stroke type in the HUD.
- Fixes an issue in which the Poke filter center is offset from the onscreen control.
- Improves stability when deleting layers after removing a marker.
- Includes built-in support for Avid DNxHR® and Avid DNxHD® decoding and playback.
NOTE: Here’s a link to the Motion Release Notes from Apple.