… for Visual Effects
Tip #1691: Monogram Now Integrates with Final Cut Pro
Monogram’s control surface supports Final Cut Pro and Premiere Pro.
As first reported by ProVideo Coalition, Monogram announced this month that the company worked directly with CommandPost to add incredible functionality between Monograms modular control surface and Final Cut Pro (FCP). The FCP integration with Monogram via CommandPost makes color grading significantly more precise and productive than with a mouse and keyboard.
Here are some of Monograms’ key features as presented by the company:
- The Orbiter module is one of a kind. The pressure sensitive disc in the middle paired with the outside infinite encoder ring makes for incredibly precise adjustments in tasks like color grading or tonal adjustments a breeze
- It can easily shave hours off of editing time, plus with the physical controls it helps you stay focused on your work instead of looking at software UI like adjustment panels.
- We’ve worked with the Adobe team, Capture One team and Final Cut Pro team to create fantastic integrations with the most popular creative applications used by professionals.
Monogram worked with Commandpost.io to beta test their newly developed integration between Monogram Creative Console and Final Cut Pro. The new integration supports:
- Grading controls: Color wheels and color boards
- Inspector and compositing controls: Position, anchor, crop, scale, opacity, and rotation
- Timeline controls: Jog, nudge, select items, and blade
- Additionally: any menu item or key command assignable in Final Cut Pro
- Because this was built upon CommandPost’s incredible macOS automation tools, says the company, it’s a more capable integration than anything previously offered for Palette or Monogram + Final Cut.
Read the ProVideo Coalition article here.
Learn more about Monogram here.