… for Apple Motion
Tip #653: Adjust Keyframe Landing Speed
Ease In/Out Behavior can be changed in the Keyframe Editor
Normally, keyframes move at a linear rate. However, this can be altered. Here’s what you need to know.
To adjust the speed with which animation approaches or leaves a keyframe:
- Display the Keyframe Editor (Window > Keyframe Editor)
- Control-click any keyframe and choose:
- Ease In to slow animation as it approaches a keyframe.
- Ease Out to accelerate from a keyframe
- Ease Both to slow as animation approaches a keyframe and accelerate animation as it leaves it.
For additional control, experiment with the options in the Interpolation menu.
NOTE: Keyframes must be applied before they can be modified.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!