… for Apple Motion
Tip #963: Apple Updates Motion
Apple updates Motion to support 3D shapes and a faster way to creates borders.
Last week, Apple continued the evolutionary growth of Motion – to version 5.4.6 – along with updates for Final Cut Pro X and Compressor. While none of these features are revolutionary, all are useful and include:
- Support for 3D models, along with 60 new 3D models in the Motion Library
- Importing 3D models in the USDZ format.
- A new Stroke filter which quickly outlines objects using an associated alpha channel
These free updates are accessed through the Mac App Store.
The 5.4.4 release of Motion also included:
- Metal-based processing engine to improve playback, rendering, and compositing.
- Creating 8K motion graphics by harnessing the power of multiple GPUs, up to 28 CPU cores, and Afterburner with Mac Pro (2019).
- Ability to view stunning HDR titles and effects with Apple Pro Display XDR.
Here’s a link to learn more.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!