COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR TIPS
Q. How are tips organized?
Tips are grouped by subject, generally a software title. All tips in a “Tip Letter” relate to that subject.
Q. Is there a charge for any of these Inside Tips?
A. No. All emails are ad-supported and free to all readers.
Q. What data of mine do you track?
A. We track your name, city, country, email address and the newsletters you want to receive. We do not resell or share your information. We track no financial information. And, because we don’t ask for your address, we don’t know where you live.
Q. Can I sign up for more than one list?
A. Yes, as many lists as you want.
Q. What’s each list about?
A. All our lists focus on software tools, shortcuts, tips and techniques for media creation; meaning audio, video and stills. We tend to have a Mac-focus, but tips for software that also runs on Windows will often include Windows shortcuts.
Here’s what each list covers:
- Apple Final Cut Pro X. Focused on current and recent versions of FCP X.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Premiere.
- Random Weirdness. A wide-ranging grab bag that spans multiple software and interesting news, generally related to media production.
- Visual Effects. Focused on visual effects that work with other tools in this list.
- Codecs & Media. This spans multiple software and will cover compression, media formats, and other media-based tips.
- Apple Motion. Focused on current and recent versions of Apple Motion.
- Adobe Photoshop CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Photoshop.
- Adobe Audition CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Audition.
- Adobe After Effects CC. Focused on current and recent versions of AE.
- DaVinci Resolve. Focused on current and recent versions of Resolve.
- Avid Media Composer. Focused on current and recent versions of Media Composer.
- Avid ProTools. Focused on current and recent versions of ProTools.
Q. When do you email tips?
A. Roll-over the small “i” next to the list name to see when each list mails. We have not yet set release dates for future lists. We are trying to space these out so we don’t overload your In-box.
Q. How many tips do I get?
A. Each email contains between three and seven tips; the average is three. We currently have over 1,000 tips published in the Tip Library. Whew!!
Q. What do you mean by “Future Lists”?
A. In order for us to support a list, it needs to have at least 1,000 readers subscribing to it. Future lists have not yet reached that minimum level. Once a list hits 1,000 readers, the tips start flowing! Feel free to recommend this site to your friends and encourage them to sign up!
Q. Can I subscribe to another list later?
A. Yes. Just fill out a new form on the Sign-up page. You can add a newsletter at any time, without affecting your current preferences. To keep things simple, there’s no login or preference page you need to access.
Q. Can I suggest a new subject for you to cover?
A. Absolutely yes! Keep in mind that we need at least 1,000 other people to sign up for your list in order to create tips for it. Email your suggestions to: Info@TheInsideTips.com.
Q. How do I unsubscribe?
A. You have TWO options:
- To unsubscribe from one or more lists, BUT remain on other lists, click Update Profile at the bottom of each newsletter. This will send you an email allowing you to update the lists you want to receive.
- To unsubscribe from everything, click the SafeUnsubscribe button at the bottom of each newsletter.
If you make a mistake, contact us at support@TheInsideTips.com and we can reinstate you
Our email program is administered by Constant Contact, which makes managing your lists and preferences easy. You can unsubscribe to any list at any time.
Q. Can I submit a tip?
A. Yes. We actively encourage readers to submit their favorite tips. Click the Share a Tip button in the top menu and sign up. There is no charge to contribute tips.
Q. What if I have a question you haven’t answered?
A. Send us an email: Support@TheInsideTips.com. We’ll answer you as quickly as we can.