COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR TIPS
Q. How are tips organized?
Tips are grouped by subject, generally a software title. All tips in a list will relate to that subject.
Q. Is there a charge for any of these Inside Tips?
A. No. All emails are ad-supported and free to all readers.
Q. Can I sign up for more than one list?
A. Yes, as many lists as you want.
Q. What’s each list about?
A. All our lists focus on software tools, shortcuts, tips and techniques for media creation; meaning audio, video and stills. We tend to have a Mac-focus, but tips for software that also runs on Windows will generally include Windows shortcuts.
Here’s what each list covers:
- Apple Final Cut Pro X. Focused on current and recent versions of FCP X.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Premiere.
- Random Weirdness. A wide-ranging grab bag that spans multiple software, things related to media production but not tied to software, or stuff that’s just flat-out interesting in its own right.
- Visual Effects. Focused on visual effects that work with other tools in this list.
- Codecs & Media. This spans multiple software and will cover compression, media formats, and other media-based tips.
- Apple Motion. Focused on current and recent versions of Motion.
- Adobe Photoshop CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Photoshop.
- Adobe Audition CC. Focused on current and recent versions of Audition.
- Adobe After Effects CC. Focused on current and recent versions of AE.
- DaVinci Resolve. Focused on current and recent versions of Resolve.
- Avid Media Composer. Focused on current and recent versions of Media Composer.
- Avid ProTools. Focused on current and recent versions of ProTools.
Q. When do you email tips?
A. Roll-over the small “i” next to the list name to see when each list mails. We have not yet set release dates for future lists. We are trying to space these out so we don’t overload your In-box.
Q. How many tips do I get?
A. Each email contains between three and seven tips; the average is three to four. That works out to about 30 tips a month. Whew…!
Q. What do you mean by “Future Lists”?
A. In order for us to support a list, it needs to have at least 500 email addresses subscribing to it. Future lists have not yet reached that minimum level. Once a list hits 500 emails, the tips start flowing! Feel free to recommend this site to your friends and encourage them to sign up!
Q. Can I subscribe to another list later?
A. Yes. Just fill out a new form on the Sign-up page. You can add a newsletter at any time, without affecting your current preferences. To keep things simple, there’s no login or preference page you need to access.
Q. Can I suggest a new subject for you to cover?
A. Absolutely yes! Keep in mind that we need at least 500 other people to sign up for your list in order to create tips for it. Email your suggestions to: Info@TheInsideTips.com.
Q. How do I unsubscribe?
A. You have TWO options:
- To unsubscribe from one or more lists, BUT remain on other lists, click Update Profile at the bottom of each newsletter. This will send you an email allowing you to update the lists you want to receive.
- To unsubscribe from everything, click the SafeUnsubscribe button at the bottom of each newsletter.
If you make a mistake, contact us at support@TheInsideTips.com and we can reinstate you
Our email program is administered by Constant Contact, which makes managing your lists and preferences easy. You can unsubscribe to any list at any time.
Q. Can I submit a tip?
A. Yes. We actively encourage readers to submit their favorite tips. Click the Share a Tip button in the top menu and sign up. There is no charge to contribute tips, in fact, we will pay you for every tip you submit that we publish. (This feature should be operational by the middle of November.)
Q. Is this really free?
Q. What if I have a question you haven’t answered?
A. Send us an email: Support@TheInsideTips.com. We’ll answer you as quickly as we can.