… for Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Tip #133: Open Sequences Between Projects
Premiere supports opening unlimited sequences from any project!
Premiere allows you to open (more accurately, “import””) one or more sequences from different projects. This makes it easy to share work between projects. Here’s how:
- Open, or create, the project into which you want to import a sequence.
- Open the Media Browser.
- Navigate to the project file that contains the sequence you want to open. Then, double-click it.
- A message appears saying that Premiere is starting the Dynamic Link database. This technology allows different Adobe apps to share data between apps.
- After a few more seconds, all the sequences, bins and clips in that project are displayed in the Media Browser.
- Right-click the sequence you want and choose Import.
Virtually instantly, this project will appear in the Program panel.
NOTE: This simply imports a sequence, it doesn’t link them. Any changes you make are not reflected back to the original project.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!