… for Codecs & Media
Tip #1069: Create a Custom Poster Frame
Poster frames represent your media in the Finder.
Ian Brown suggested this tip.
There’s a very fast way to create a poster frame for a QuickTime movie. (Poster frames appear in the Finder, and other locations, to illustrate the contents of a clip.)
- Open the video in QuickTime Player
- Move the playhead to the frame you want to use as a poster frame
- Choose Edit > Copy (shortcut: Cmd + C)
- Close the video
- Select the file icon in the Finder
- Choose File > Get Info (shortcut: Cmd + I)
- Select the small icon in the top left corner
- Choose Edit > Paste (shortcut: Cmd + V)
Actually, anything you paste into that top left box will become the poster frame. It doesn’t need to be an image, it could also be a graphic.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!