… for Apple Motion
Tip #1084: Effects Playground: Time Tunnel
This is a fun, fast and fascinating effect, with lots of opportunities to play.
Ever wanted to travel through a worm hole? Now you can – and Motion creates it. (This looks better when it is moving than as a still.)
Here’s how to create this:
- Drop Generators > Cellular into the Viewer.
- Select the Cellular element, then, in Inspector > Generator change:
- Gradient change the color on the right. (You can use any other color scheme you like.)
- Size: 3
- Speed: 0.5
- With the Cellular element selected, apply Filters > Stylize > Slit Tunnel. Then, in Inspector > Filters, change:
- Speed: 5
- Perspective: 0.3
- Glow: 0.02
- Change the glow color to radioactive green.
- Position and/or animate the center of the tunnel elsewhere in the frame.
- Replace Slit Tunnel with Slit Scan and watch what happens.