… for Visual Effects
Tip #1176: New VFX in DaVinci Resolve 17
DaVinci Resolve updates the entire app with major new features.
DaVinci Resolve 17 is a major new release with over 100 new features and 200 improvements! The color page features new HDR grading tools, redesigned primary controls, AI based magic mask and more.
DaVinci Resolve 17 has three major components: video editing, audio mixing and visual effects creation. The visual effects part is handled by Fusion.
NOTE: All this information is taken from the DaVinci Resolve website.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Fast Effects Search and Live Preview. Finding the right effect, transition or title is faster and easier than ever! The elegant, new multi column view lets you see more and scroll less. Descriptive icons also help you quickly find what you need. Plus, you can hover scrub the mouse across any item to see a live preview in the viewer.
- Keying and Compositing. New Resolve FX 3D, HSL and luma keyer plug-ins let you pull keys directly in the timeline on both the edit and cut pages. In addition, alpha channels from Resolve FX and Open FX plug-ins are now supported, as are embedded alpha channels and external matte files giving you even more compositing options.
- Render in Place. The render in place command lets you generate render files for any portion of the timeline. Once rendered, you can move, edit and trim without having to re-render. Render files can be created in any format and saved wherever you want. Unlike cache files, render files are easy to manage and portable.
- Compositions you create on the Fusion page can now be saved as a template and used on the edit or cut page. New animation curve modifiers can be used to automatically retime animations when you change their duration in an edit. Audio playback with waveform display makes it easier to create precisely timed animations, there are shared markers with the edit page and more.
- In addition, 27 GPU accelerated Resolve [effects] have been added to the Fusion page, including the noise reduction and sharpening tools from the color page. New node view bookmarks make it easy to navigate large comps, the toolbar can be customized with your favorite tools, and vertical layouts are supported in the node editor.
Here’s the link to the Resolve 17 webpage to learn more.