… for Apple Final Cut Pro X
Tip #1188: Keyboard Shortcuts for Pasting Clips
Six tips that move a clip from where it is to where you want it.
Warren Nelson suggested this tip:
I need to copy and paste a clip from the timeline to a layer above the timeline.
- Using Cmd + V inserts the clip in the timeline.
- I finally dug around and discovered that Option + V pastes the clip, copied from the timeline, at the playhead position above the timeline!
Cool tip, Warren! Here are four other shortcuts you can use to move clips from the Primary Storyline to a connected clip above it:
- Edit > Lift from Storyline (Shortcut: Option + Cmd + Up arrow)
- Edit > Overwrite to Primary Storyline (Shortcut: Option + Cmd + Down arrow)
- Edit > Select > Up (Shortcut: Cmd + Up arrow) Selects the clip under the playhead on the higher layer.
- Edit > Select > Down (Shortcut: Cmd + Down arrow) Selects the clip under the playhead on a lower layer.