… for Visual Effects
Tip #1271: How to Setup Network Rendering
Network rendering speeds output, but setup can be tricky.
Toolfarm.com has created an in-depth tutorial on render farms, also called “network rendering.” (Link)
The idea of network, or distributed, rendering is to distribute your render over a network, or farm, of computers, to speed up your render times. This can be done in many different programs with a myriad of different setups, so it isn’t as straight forward and clear cut as I’d like it to be.
Creating the right storage and management can be a challenge but it’s important to get that in place first. There are tons of resources out there but I’m keeping this short and sweet so this will be a page of resources more than actual instructions.
- Setting Up a Network Rendering for After Effects
- Network Rendering with RenderGarden
- Cinema 4D Team Render
- Autodesk BackBurner for Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Flame, and more
- Chaos Group V-Ray Swarm
- Pixar’s Tractor
- Digital Rebellion Pro Render
- Aeriform Ramma
- Using your Plug-ins and Software on a Network Rendering Setup
The article linked above has much more information, plus links to more resources.