… for Apple Motion
Tip #1501: Get Rid of a White Background
Removing a white background is easy, just hard to find.
Removing a white background in Motion is easy, but the settings are hard to find. This is one of those tips that, if you know it, seems easy. And, if you don’t, drives you nuts.
- Import an element that has a white background into Motion and select it.
- Apply Filters > Keying > Luma Keyer
- Check the Invert checkbox to key on white (second red arrow).
- Slide the top Luma slider to the right until the foreground is as solid as possible (top red arrow). Click the View > Matte icon to make sure the foreground is solid white.
- To get rid of white edges, slide Matte Tools > Shrink/Expand to the right a pixel or two; I used 2.0 (bottom red arrow).