… for Visual Effects
Tip #1513: Something New-ish for Still Images
Optics is designed to correct, enhance, and stylize images with an easy-to-use interface.
BorisFX is recognized as a leader in visual effects software. Last year, they released a new program called Boris FX Optics.
Available as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and as a standalone application for macOS and Windows, the Optics toolkit features over 150 filters and thousands of presets designed by VFX industry veterans to correct, enhance, and stylize images with an easy-to-use interface.
The plugin can be purchased for only $9/month or $99/year.
- 160 total filters that simulate optical glass cameras, specialized lenses, film stocks, lens flares, optical lab processes, grain, exacting color correction, natural light, and photographic effects
- 75 Boris FX Sapphire filters included: Create stunning organic looks with superior image quality and creative control. Filters include lens flares, light leaks, glow, night sky, clouds, luna (moon), zap (lightning), free lens, rack defocus, digital damage, and more.
- Thousands of customizable presets
- 294 color and black & white still photography film stocks, motion picture film stocks, and historical photography processes
- 89 color grading presets from Academy Award-nominated movies including 2001: A Space Odyssey, Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong, Saving Private Ryan, and Titanic
- Gobo library includes 751 gobo lighting effects categorized into abstract, doors, elements, foliage, snowflakes, textures, and windows groups
- Paint using black & white, blur, clone, color, eraser, mosaic, red-eye, repair, and scatter brushes
- Layering system to apply multiple filters and sophisticated masking tools to isolate effects
- Non-destructive crop, rotate, and scale (standalone only)
- Batch processing (standalone only)
Learn more here.