… for Random Weirdness
Tip #166: 8 Camera Hacks
8 simple tricks to make still images more creative.
Peter McKinnon, writing in DigitalRev, shares eight different tips we can quickly use on set to create a different look or fix a problem:
- Belt Sling – Attach and suspend your camera from a belt to produce stabilized camera steady shots
- Coffee Hood – Add a coffee cup sleeve to your lens for a cheap hood
- Dream Chap – Add chapstick to your lens for an easy blur effect (perhaps apply this to a lens protector instead!)
- Cello-lens – Add cellophane over a lens to distort the image
- Shade Blend – Snap through a pair of sunglasses for a natural Instagram filter
- Knife Blade – Introduce reflections by placing a shiny knife beneath the lens
- Flashlight Flare – Shine a light between the camera sensor and the lens to introduce a light leak effect
- Smart Flare – You can even use your smartphone to create fancy effects while on the go
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!