… for Codecs & Media
Tip #1715: Apple Updates Compressor
Update adds a variety of new features.
Last week, as part of updates to all their media applications, Apple updated Compressor to version 4.5.3.
New features include:
- Optimization for Apple silicon
- Batch status notifications
- Improved audio descriptions
Here’s the complete list of new features, according to Apple:
- Adds the ability to modify the start timecode of a source clip or audio file.
- Adds the ability to choose the color palette and dithering algorithm to minimize the file size of PNGs and GiFs.
- Adds the ability to resize vertical video to other vertical frame sizes and square video to other square frame sizes with new Up To presets in the inspector.
- Adds the ability to resize video to vertical and square aspect ratios using new presets for Cropping and Padding in the inspector.
- Allows a user to disable passthrough of source metadata to output audio files and MOV, MP4, M4V, and MXF video formats.
- Adds an alert when a group of shared computers contains a Mac with an incompatible Compressor version.
- Adds support for MXF language tags.
- Adds the ability to write an AVCHD disk image to the file system.
- Adds keyboard shortcuts to create new batches for iTunes Store or IMF Packages types.
- Fixes an issue where DPX or Cineon image sequences were imported with an incorrect frame rate.
I especially like the new resizing options.
Here’s the link to Apple Compressor’s Release Notes.