… for Apple Motion
Tip #189: A REALLY Fast Way to Copy Settings
Dragging is fast, easy and precise.
As projects get more complex, matching settings becomes increasingly tricky. Here’s a fast way to copy one or more settings from one element to another.
- Select the layer that has the settings you want to copy.
- Then, from the Inspector, select the settings you want to copy.
- Once selected, drag them from the Inspector to the element you want to apply them to.
NOTE: All the settings you want to copy must be visible in the Inspector. To copy settings hidden in other menus, simply make those settings visible and repeat the process.
- To select a single setting: click-and-drag it.
- To select multiple settings that are next to each other: Shift-click
- To select multiple settings that are not next to each other: Cmd-click.