… for Apple Motion
Tip #432: Create Your Own Templates in Motion
Templates allow you to speed repetitive tasks.
If you find yourself creating the same projects over and over in Motion, here’s fast way to create a template to speed your work.
When you are creating the same thing over and over, only to vary one small detail – for example, the text – a template can save you time and improve your accuracy.
Here are the steps:
- Create a new Motion project (or open an old one).
- Make all the changes you want, including adding all media, effects and text.
- When it is done, choose File > Publish Template.
- Give your template a name and, ideally, a new Category. In my screen shot, I created a category called “Larry” which is the location where I store all my unique templates.
- If you want to use this template in Final Cut Pro X, also check Publish as Final Cut Generator.
Once you’ve created a template, it will always be available on the left side of the Project Browser when you first start Motion. Double-click it to open.