… for Apple Motion
Tip #496: A Very Cool Time-Warp Effect
From humble roots come eye-catching effects.
Here’s a very cool way to create a time-warp effect. I’ve never used this in real-life, but I teach it in all of my Motion classes, because it is fun to play with and teaches an important lesson. Here are the steps.
- In Motion, add Generators > Cellular into a project.
- Change the color gradient from black to white, to medium-dark blue to black.
- Select Cellular in the Layers panel and apply Filters > Stylize > Slit Scan.
- In Inspector > Properties, rotate the group so the blue flares radiate up-left.
- In Inspector > Filters:
- Change Center so the white line is in a lower corner
- Change Speed to 15.
- Change the Glow color to a radioactive green.
Then, change anything else you want.
The lesson this teaches is that we can take something very “blah” and make it eye-catching simply by using a few filters.
What what happens when you replace Slit Scan with Slit Tunnel.