… for Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Tip #666: Productions Overview
Productions can help both single editors and teams.
Productions are a new way for editors to organize and collaborate on projects. Here’s a quick overview of this new feature:
- You can edit in Premiere as always without ever using Productions.
- Productions can be used by a single editor using local or shared storage, or a team, using shared storage.
- Productions don’t require Internet access.
- Productions are available to any Premiere editor who has updated to the latest version (April, 2020).
- Productions easily support breaking large projects into manageable chunks.
- Only project files can be stored in a production folder.
- There is no limit to the number of projects stored in a production folder.
- Only one production folder can be open in Premiere at a time, however, there is no limit to the number of production folders that can be created.
- Different editors can work in different productions at the same time.
- Any project can be opened Read-only, however only one editor can have read-write access to a project at a time.
I created a recent webinar that shows how to use Productions in detail. You can find it here: here.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!