… for Apple Final Cut Pro X
Tip #695: Display the Event Viewer
The Event Viewer gives FCP X the ability preview browser images.
Hidden inside Final Cut Pro X is the Event Viewer, which allows us to compare images in the browser with images in the timeline.
To enable it, go to Window > Show in Workspace > Event Viewer.
Whatever clip you select in the browser, will be previewed in the Event Viewer.
- To play a clip, click the image, then press spacebar
- Set Ins or Outs in the browser.
- All keyboard shortcuts that work in the browser also work in the Event Viewer
- To change the size of both monitors, drag the vertical edge between them
- If two-monitor viewing is enabled, the Event Viewer will appear on the same monitor as the viewer.
Go to View > Show in Event Viewer to see the different display options the Event Viewer provides.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!