… for Apple Final Cut Pro X
Tip #786: Get Rid of Multiple Markers – Fast!
The Timeline Index makes it easy to delete multiple markers.
I use markers in all my projects, for chapters for navigation or to help me remember something. However, all those markers need to be cleaned up before I export the final project.
While we can’t copy or paste multiple markers in Final Cut Pro X, we can select multiple markers and delete them. Here’s how.
- Open the project containing the markers you want to delete into the timeline.
- Open the Timeline Index (Shortcut: Shift + Cmd + 2).
- Click the Tags text button.
- Select the markers you want to delete.
- Press the big Delete key.
It may help to click either the Marker or Chapter Marker buttons at the bottom of the Timeline Index to make it easier to isolate markers from other timeline elements.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!