… for Visual Effects
Tip #831: Beginner’s Guide to Visual Effects
This provides great information, and lots of extra links.
Andrew McDonald, writing for The Rookies, has published an outstanding – and free – Beginner’s Guide to Visual Effects. He writes:
This guide is for absolute beginners who are trying to find a career that compliments their passion for film, technology, design, coding and digital art. You are the type of person who knows that finance and medicine really isn’t your thing. You also know you never want to wear a suit to work either. However, you need some help getting started. It’s also a great guide to share with your parents and guardians who are trying to understand what the hell you are rambling on about, and why you are so excited.
What you will learn in this guide:
- An overview of the Visual Effects industry
- The most common jobs in the industry
- How much you could earn as a visual effects artist
- How to start learning visual effects
- How to select the best school in your area
- The best free and professional software to learn
- Essential communities and blogs to start following
- Top companies that employ visual effects artists
- Essential reading for visual effects artists
- Advice on how to get started with your own projects
Here’s the link to learn more, as well as a variety of links.