… for Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Tip #874: A Faster Way to Add “Presence”
Most sound effects are subtle. This setting helps sound reinforce the image.
I was playing with the Essential Sound panel, looking for an idea to write about, when I discovered this: Reverb. This alters the reflections, or reverb, of a clip to more accurately sound like it is playing in a specific space.
NOTE: This effect only applies to clips that are tagged as Sound Effects or Ambience.
- Switch to the Audio workspace and display the Essential Sound panel.
- Tag a timeline clip as either Sound Effects (a short duration sound) or Ambience (a longer duration sound).
- Click the word “Creative” to display this section of the panel.
- Check the checkbox next to Creative to enable it.
- Click the Preset menu to choose the style of reverb/reflectance that best matches the sound to the picture.
- Vary the Amount slider until the effect sounds the best.
This is a fun effect to play with.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!