… for Apple Final Cut Pro X
Tip #962: Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X
The updates add significant new features to FCP X, Motion and Compressor.
Last week, Apple continued the evolutionary growth of Final Cut Pro X releasing its 33rd free update – to version 10.4.9 – along with updates for Motion and Compressor. While none of these features are revolutionary, all are useful and include:
- Proxy workflow enhancements
- Automated tools for social media cropping
- Editorial workflow improvements
- Motion now supports 3D models in USDZ format, and include 66 new 3D models in the Motion Library
- Motion adds a new Stroke filter which quickly outlines objects using its alpha channel
- Compressor now supports custom LUTs
These free updates are accessed through the Mac App Store.
The Pro Video codecs were also updated. To upgrade these, go to System Preferences > Software Update. All updates are free.
Here’s a link to learn more.
Please rate the helpfulness of this tip.
Click on a star to rate it!